Our team at MCHC is small in number, but large in impact. Our success depends on the strength of our team. We have a profound desire to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the social services we provide. We believe in nurturing an environment of collaboration and innovation that balances resourcefulness and critical thinking.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES AT MCHC:
The MCHC receptionist will be the first point of contact for all visitors to MCHC. They will be primarily staffed at the front reception desk and provide assistance to all callers and visitors to the facility. Their primarily duties will include the following:
- Greeting and welcoming all visitors to MCHC
- Answering the telephones and directing calls to the appropriate MCHC representative
- Providing visitors and callers with information about MCHC and the resources we provide
- Helping maintain the follow of correspondence between departments within MCHC as well as with outside contacts by taking and retrieving messages
- Managing all incoming and outgoing mail
- Performing a variety of clerical duties, including making copies, faxing documents, filing paperwork, designing and distributing flyers, etc.
- Maintaining inventory of the kitchen and Sakina Center recreational supplies
- Collaborating with other staff members in the ordering, receiving, stocking, and distribution of supplies
- Assisting in the preparation for different MCHC events and programs, including Health Education workshops, Sakina Center activities, and fundraising dinners
- Completing other office tasks assigned by the Director of Operations
- Helping with Sakina Center Senior activities and helping Seniors with The Program Calender
This will be a part-time position. Hours are somewhat negotiable but schedule flexibility is appreciated.
This position operates in a professional office and medical environment. Faculty routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The MCHC receptionist reports directly to the Director of Operations.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years administrative experience
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in computer use, including MS Office
- Familiarity with medical terminology and procedures
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Arabic, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Karen, Rohingya.
Email your resume with subject: MCHC Receptionist to email@example.com