Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to serve your community? As a Medical Assistant for MCHC, you will make a real difference providing preventative care for the community. As a Medical Assistant you will have understanding of the various roles within the clinic, and the importance of teamwork is vital. Medical Assistants are asked to cross train to assist in front desk coverage, on occasion. The Medical Assistant is expected to provide support to the provider in assessment, examination, treatment, and other management of patients in the clinical setting. Strong customer service, communication, teamwork, and multi- tasking skills is a must. Perform duties and carry out the necessary functions required in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Certified Medical Assistants Specific Functions/Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform pre-visit screening following protocols approved by MCHC and supervising provider.
- Obtain, evaluate and record patient history employing critical thinking skills using appropriate tools and protocols within the EMR.
- Obtain vital signs.
- Prepare and maintain examination and treatment areas in preparation for patient care.
- Assist with examinations, procedures, and treatments.
- Maintain examination/treatment rooms, including inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Maintain medication and immunization records in EMR and through Wisconsin Immunization Registry.
- Screen and follow up test results per protocols.
- Recognize and respond to emergencies.
- Collect and process specimens correctly.
- Perform CLIA-waived tests.
- Perform electrocardiography testing
- Schedule, coordinate, and monitor appointments.
- Establish, organize and maintain patient medical records.
- Recognize and respect cultural diversity.
- Adapt communication and recognize and respond effectively to verbal, nonverbal, and written communications.
- Employ professional telephone and interpersonal techniques applying medical terminology appropriately in all settings.
- Receive, organize, prioritize, store, and maintain transmittable information utilizing electronic technology.
- Serve as communication liaison between the provider and patient and serve as patient advocate and health coach along with team-based care, including coverage for other staff and providers.
- Identify basics of office emergency preparedness.
- Perform tasks within legal and ethical boundaries.
- Document patient communication and clinical treatments timely, accurately, and appropriately.
- Comply with established risk management and safety procedures.
- Recognize professional credentialing criteria.
- Identify and respond to issues of confidentiality.
- Educate the patient within the scope of practice and as directed by supervising providers in health maintenance, disease prevention, and compliance with the patient’s treatment plan.
- Identify community resources for health maintenance and disease prevention to meet individual patient needs.
- Perform inventory of supplies and equipment for the clinic.
- Perform routine maintenance of administrative and clinical equipment.
- Perform and actively participate in quality control, quality improvement, and organizational strategic plans.
Certified Medical Assistant Professional Qualifications and Requirements:
Certification as a Medical Assistant, Associates of Science with AAMA certification preferred. Certification in CPR mandatory. Two years or more in a clinic, physician’s office or hospital setting preferred. Nursing students who have completed at least two nursing clinical rotations will be considered for this position.
Job Type: Part-time – 30 Hours per week
- Certified Medical Assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org your resume.