We are seeking a self-motivated and innovative Registered Dental Hygienist for approximately 20 hours/ 4 days per week to join our medical care team to provide oral health services during patient well-visits. We believe oral health and general health should not be addressed as separate entities. Therefore, this collaborative approach of integrating a Dental Hygienist to a medical team helps bridge access to care barriers, is prevention focused and brings dental care directly to patients while they’re already at a medical appointment. MCHC sees a variety of patients from birth to older adults.
We are looking for a flexible self-starter who understands the value of early prevention and intervention in dental care, desires to make a difference in our community and is passionate about educating patients and their families. The ideal candidate should be cognizant of the public health, social and economic factors that impact overall health and the oral health of their patients. Additionally, the candidate must be able to creatively and proactively work across healthcare disciplines and in flexible settings as a pioneer of this new collaborative approach of providing dental hygiene care to maximize program effectiveness and patient benefit.
EXPECTED DUTIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Provide high-quality dental hygiene clinical services within Wisconsin’s allowable scope of dental hygiene practice with portable dental equipment.
- Accurately and appropriately assess caries risk to implement prevention focused care and when necessary coordinate follow-up restorative care with community dentists while acting as an advocate for patients.
- Collaborate with medical staff to coordinate patients receiving dental hygiene services during well-visits.
- Possess flexibility and mobility to provide care in multiple, non-traditional locations (eg. medical exam room, knee to knee exams). Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of providing self-support: Willingness to sterilize own instruments, coordinate equipment maintenance as needed, turn over room between patients, complete proper charting/ progress notes.
- Network: Build and maintain relationships with local dentists in order to coordinate follow up/ restorative care and to establish a dental home.
- Provide education: Educate patients and families at appropriate health literacy levels to obtain/maintain oral health and marketing to recruit patients to receive dental hygiene services.
- Billing: Base knowledge of dental CDT codes and frequencies
- Administrative tasks: Aid with scheduling, insurance verification, use of medical/dental electronics records, supply and consumable ordering, maintain compliance with OSHA and other regulations, maintain updated SDS sheets.
- Budgeting: Work within the budgeting restraints, as applicable
REQUIREMENTS/ LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from an accredited school of Dental Hygiene.
- BLS provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Dental Hygienist licensed by The Wisconsin Dentistry Examining Board obtained prior to hire date
- Professional malpractice insurance obtainable
- Have at least two years or 3,200 hours of active practice experience as a licensed dental hygienist
- Experience in public health, mobile dentistry, serving underserved populations or similar settings
- Experience working with patients across the lifespan dentistry
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Leadership experience
- Experience in Quality Improvement work and/or healthcare collaborative
MCHC Clinic – Commitment to Community
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our clinic and the services we offer please visit our website https://mchcwi.org/